Our September meeting will be this Thursday, September 3rd. Join us for snacks and a police update at 6:30 p.m., and the main agenda from 7-8:30 p.m. at 2543 California Street.
This month we have a significant voting topic, candidate introductions, and local business presentations, and more:
- The major topic for this month’s meeting is the application for a Dance Cabaret license for the Savoy at 2700 Arapahoe Street. If issued, this license in conjunction with the existing “tavern” class liquor license, would effectively allow this location to become a nightclub, hosting public events with music and dancing beyond its existing regular use for private events and classes. We’ll hear from Katie Scotten and Christopher Jones, managers, and Irene Taras, business and property owner, and vote on CPN’s position for this license per our normal process.
- Election season is coming up, and we’ve been contacted by several candidates already. Running for District Attorney, Michael Carrigan and Beth McCann will make brief introductions, and for Denver School Board District 5 we’ll meet Michael Kiley.
- The former Deep Rock warehouse at 25th and Welton will finally see some activity, with Four Winds Interactive, headquartered at 1221 Broadway, using it for warehouse and support facilities. Cuyler Van De Carr will share with us what they do, and we can expect to see as we welcome them to our neighborhood.
- The Denver Office of Special Events will be introduced by Grace Lopez Ramirez, Community Affairs Liaison.
- Tim Prior, founder of eThos Electric Car Share, the nation’s first all-electric car share operator, based in Golden, CO will tell us about their service and the electric car that will be available for members to use located in the parking garage behind Coffee at the Point.